Established in 2017, our emergency relief fund has distributed more than $6 million to individuals in the food and beverage industry in crisis.
If you have an emergency, please call 911.
To qualify for emergency relief funding you must have worked in the food and beverage industry for a minimum of 6 months and an average of 30 hours per week minimum. Every applicant must show proof of such employment, so please have paycheck stubs and/or W2s available. Unfortunately, we are unable to make any exceptions.
Examples of need include medical bills, a car accident, weather catastrophes, family support assistance, and mental health needs.
Tips for submitting your application:
- Please use the description area within the application to explain your individual crisis in as much detail as possible.
- Case managers are assigned to cases based on the urgency of the crisis and not on a first-come-first-served basis. For instance, life-and-death cases are prioritized over car payment requests.
- Please have documentation available.
- If you are asking for help with your rent, please have your lease agreement available.
- If you need help with your utilities, please have your bills available.
If you have questions about the status of your application, please email email@example.com unless you have already been assigned a caseworker. If your situation has escalated since you submitted your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process is completely anonymous. Only Southern Smoke staff will see an application in its entirety.
- Please visit our Mental Health Services page for information about free care
The Southern Smoke staff is working around the clock to get aid to as many people possible. We are experiencing a massive influx of applications. Please be patient with us—we are doing everything we can to get to every applicant. If there is any abusive language or tone used with the staff, you will immediately become ineligible for funding.